How do I sign up for E-Bill?
It's easy. Just register in My Account. You will need your NJNG account number to register for the first time. If you are already registered with My Account, simply log in by entering your user name and password.
Once you are in My Account, your personal account summary will appear. Click on the "Billing and Payment Options" link and follow the instructions.
How will I know if I've been approved for E-Bill?
- After you have enrolled, NJNG will send you an e-mail to verify your e-mail address and confirm that your enrollment has been successfully processed. At the time of your next billing cycle, you will receive an e-mail notification that your NJNG bill is ready to view. You will then have the ability to view and pay your E-Bill(s).
Will I still receive a paper bill through the mail?
You will no longer receive paper bills once you receive an e-mail confirming your E-Bill registration.
Please note: After enrolling in E-Bill, you should receive a monthly e-mail that is timed to your billing cycle. If you do not receive your E-Bill, it may have been blocked by your spam filter. So, please immediately contact NJNG at 800-221-0051 to avoid receiving a disconnect notice for non-payment. Disconnect notices are required to be sent by e-mail and paper.
Is there a cost associated with registering for E-Bill?
E-Bill is a free service offered to NJNG customers. And you save on postage by registering your checking or savings account with E-Bill.
Please note: To pay your bills and avoid payment fees simply click on the "Pay E-Bill" link.
What if my e-mail address changes?
To update your e-mail address, log in to My Account, click on My Profile at the left navigation bar then select Update E-Mail Address.
Please note: NJNG requires your current e-mail address to ensure successful delivery of E-Bill.
I enrolled in E-Bill through my bank's online site. Can I still view my bill on NJNG's Web site?
- Although you registered for E-Bill through your bank's Web site, you still need to register through My Account if you wish to view and/or pay your NJNG E-Bill on our Web site.
How are payments made?
You can pay your E-Bill online at My Account by clicking on the "Pay E-Bill" link. The bill amount will be deducted from the checking or savings account of your choice at no fee.
Payments may still be made without signing into E-Bill via credit card, checking account or savings account. For these payments, login to My Account and click on the "Pay Bill" link. Fee applies.
What happens if I move?
- If you move, you must register your new NJNG account number in My Account. To continue receiving your NJNG bills via your bank's Web site, you will need to re-enroll your new NJNG account number there as well.
How can I discontinue E-Bill?
- You can cancel E-Bill by simply visiting My Account, and clicking on the "Paperless Billing" link. Once you have accessed E-Bill, click on the "No" tab located at the bottom of the page and then click "Submit." Upon completion of these steps, you will no longer receive E-Bills and paper bills will be sent with your next billing cycle.
Is there a fee for using the credit/debit card option?
Which credit cards can I use to pay my NJNG bill?
- You can use a major credit card or debit card to pay your NJNG bill online or by phone using Express Pay. We accept Visa, Master Card and Discover Card: Pinless debit card (NYCE, Star, Pulse) and Singature debit cards (Visa, Mastercard and Discover). To use this service, you will need your most recent NJNG bill and your credit card or debit card information.
Who do I contact to verify that my credit card or debit card payment was received or to dispute a charge on my card?
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your credit card or debit card payment, please e-mail NJNG at email@example.com. You can also contact Customer Services at 800-221-0051, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
When will my credit/debit card payment be credited to my NJNG account?
- Credit card and debit card payments entered by 2 p.m. will be processed on the same business day. Payments entered after 2 p.m. will be processed the next business day. If you make your payment when the office is closed, your transaction will be processed on the following business day.
How do I know my credit/debit card payment was accepted?
You will receive a confirmation number once your payment has been completed.
What is Pay by Check?
Express Pay Online enables you to electronically pay your current NJNG bill by check via a secure Internet connection. To use this service, click “Pay by Check” and enter the requested information. You will need your NJNG account number, the name as it appears on your NJNG bill and your banking information. Payments will be credited to your NJNG account within two business days.
Is there a fee for Pay by Check?
Do I need to pay the full amount due on my bill when using Pay by Check?
No, you can pay any amount higher than the $5 minimum.
Is my meter read on time for billing?
You can visit My Account to check what date your meter is scheduled to be read.
After I submit my read, can I find out what my bill amount will be?
Not immediately. Regular on-cycle bills will be processed and mailed to you on your next scheduled billing date. For corrected bills, the account will be adjusted and the revised bill will be mailed to you within two business days.
Why didn't you use my meter read?
If we didn’t use your meter read, one of the following conditions occurred:
- The meter read was submitted too early. Please refer to your meter read schedule.
- The meter read was submitted too late and your account already went to billing
- It was an inaccurate meter read
- NJNG read your meter after you submitted your meter read and an NJNG meter read supersedes a customer read
Where do I find my meter number?
- Most residential meter numbers can be found on the front of the meter and are six digits long.
Why am I not always able to request a rebill when I submit my meter read online?
- The re-bill option is only available up to 10 days after your bill has been sent.
What is My Account?
My Account is a free, online account information service for NJNG customers. You can view the latest information on your account, including:
- current balance
- billing and usage history
- date last payment was received
- date next bill is due
- mailing address and phone number
- meter information and next scheduled meter read
You can also request a copy of a bill, submit your meter read, schedule a turn off or seasonal turn on or make a Deferred Payment Agreement in My Account.
Getting started is easy! All you need is a recent copy of your NJNG bill. The registration page will prompt you to enter your account name and account number (exactly as they appear on your bill) as well as provide a password and the answers to three security questions for security measures.
Please note: If you have multiple accounts, you can register each account using the same user name and password.
Click here to register. For more information on selecting and changing a password, visit Help.
Is my account information in My Account secure?
- Your online security is very important to us. My Account uses state-of-the-art software and hardware including firewalls, encryption and authentication procedures to protect your information. Additionally, this service utilizes a VeriSign digital certificate providing 128-bit SSL encryption that further protects against data abduction. For more information, view our privacy statement.
If I purchase my natural gas from a supplier other than NJNG, what information will appear on My Account?
- Only charges billed by NJNG will appear on My Account. If you currently receive your natural gas from a third-party supplier, your billing and meter information will not appear on My Account. We recommend that you directly contact your supplier for payment information.
What if my mailing address, name, or other information is incorrect on My Account?
Login to My Account and click on My Profile to update your information.
What is the difference between an actual read and a calculated read?
- When natural gas meters are not read, NJNG calculates your natural gas usage based on the history of your account and the degree-days from the National Weather Service. The next time a trained NJNG representative reads your natural gas meter, we will automatically adjust your account to reflect any difference between your calculated and actual usage.
Why do I have gaps in my billing history?
- There may have been times when you were not billed for service or were billed for service by a third-party natural gas supplier.
Why is my NJNG Budget Bill amount different from my Last Bill Amount?
- Your Last Bill Amount represents the amount charged by a third-party supplier. The NJNG Budget Bill Amount represents the amount you would be charged under the Budget Plan if you purchased your natural gas from NJNG.
What if there is more than one meter on my account when using My Account?
- Information for multiple meters, under the same account, is available on My Account. After viewing the information on the first meter, click on the “Next Meter” button to see information on the other meters.
What if I have more than one service address when using My Account?
- All of your service addresses are listed when you login to My Account. Simply select the service address you wish to view.
Why doesn't the page display when I hit a button in My Account?
- To view the page, turn off your pop-up blocker function or minimize your current Web page window.
What is a Deferred Payment Agreement (DPA)?
A DPA is a payment arrangement that allows you to pay off your total balance in monthly increments.
Why can't I schedule my order online?
- Make sure you properly entered your NJNG account number. If you are still unable to schedule an online order, your service may already be turned on, or there may be a billing issue. Please contact Customer Services at 800-221-0051 to speak with a customer service representative.
Why do you need my mailing address?
- You must provide a proper mailing address in order to receive your NJNG bill or refund check, whichever applies.
I am attempting to enter my mailing address but your system will not accept it. Why?
- Your mailing address must comply with the United States Postal Service delivery standards. Please check that any abbreviations and numbers (house number, zip code, etc.) are correct, and everything is spelled properly.
I am new to NJNG's service territory. Am I able to schedule my turn on online?
- Only customers who have an NJNG account are able to schedule their order online. If you are a new resident to our service territory, please contact Customer Services at 800-221-0051 to speak with a customer service representative.
Why do the other utilities have to be on before my natural gas service can be turned on?
- It is important that your electricity and water are turned on when we come to turn on your natural gas service. This will allow the NJNG trained technician to ensure that your natural gas appliances, including your water heater, are working safely.