Help balance your natural gas bills with our FREE Budget Plan by spreading your estimated annual natural gas costs evenly over 12 monthly payments. Each month you'll know the exact amount of your monthly payment.
- Enrolling is easy - Login to My Account to enroll online or pay the "Budget Option" amount listed on the lower right side of your bill along with any other non-gas charges by the due date. You will automatically be enrolled with that bill. NOTE: In order to be eligible for the Budget Plan, the balance on your NJNG bill must be current. Any past due balances must be paid in full before you can enroll.
- Calculating your budget - We will estimate your natural gas usage by averaging the usage at your address from last year. We then divide your calculated annual cost into 12 equal monthly payments.
- Budgets end in July - Our budget period is from August to July. At the end of the budget period, we calculate your total usage and compare it to the total amount of budget payments made to date. We then either credit your account or bill you for the balance due. Your budget is then re-calculated and automatically renews for the next budget plan year. You can enroll in the Budget Plan at any time. However, if you do so in the middle of the budget period, you will not have made 12 months of payments. To compensate for that missed time, your budget option may increase in November, December and January to ensure that when you join, the forecasted payments reflect your energy use.
- Mid-Year Budget Review - A budget review may occur in January or February due to changes in natural gas prices, as well as changes in usage and weather patterns during the winter months. As a result, you may notice an adjusted budget amount on your February or March bill. The new budget amount will approximate the amounts needed each month to cover your natural gas costs for the remainder of the budget period.
- If you miss payments - To remain on the Budget Plan, you must pay your budget amount and other non-gas charges by the due date every month. If you miss more than two consecutive payments, you will automatically be taken off the Budget Plan. In order to go back on the Budget Plan the total amount of your actual balance must be paid in full. Once your account is current, you can again pay the "Budget Option" amount with the following bill by the due date indicated and rejoin the Budget Plan.
- Paying more or less than the budget amount - The budget billing option only anticipates receiving exact budget payments along with any other non-gas charges. Paying more or less than the exact budget payment amount creates incorrect budget information. If you have paid a different amount, please contact our office so a correction can be made to your budget records.